Friday, March 21, 2008
I'm really encouraged by the effort our kids are putting forward in practice. I really think we have a group of kids who really enjoy being on the baseball field. Having said that, Opening Day is right around the corner and the season schedule has been posted on the League website at http://www.rcll.org/Schedules/American/teams.html#Amer_Red_Sox. I've also updated the calendar and team contacts on the Team Website at http://rcllredsox.blogspot.com/. We are in for an onslaught in the first week with 3 games in 5 days. As a general rule, I'd like the kids to be at the field 1/2 hour before the start of the game. This will give us time to warm up and get organized prior to the start of the game. For games where we are the Home team, we will need to prepare the field and keep score. Parents who are interested in volunteering can get credit against their volunteer time for helping the coaches prepare the field prior to the game and for scorekeeping. I still have not received the name and contact information for the league volunteer coordinator or the date when we will receive our team jerseys. I have emailed the commissioner to try and get more information. Keep in mind that we are not practicing this Saturday 3/22 due to the Holiday. Next week we will practice Tuesday at Cordova Lane and Thursday at Prospect Park in Gold River for kids interested in pitching and/or catching. Thanks to all of the parents for your help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment